Welcome to Simply Davlicious Recipes!

Here you’ll find not only the entire archive of recipes from Simply Davine, but new recipes from my kitchen and some old family favorites too. Whenever I create a new recipe that’s worthy of sharing or get my hands on an old family favorite that I have permission to go public with, you’ll find it here!

I’ll add or update photos as I get them or get better ones and look for those cook book pages too! When you see a Cook Book Page for the recipe, Click the credit after you read them! The link will take you to the download page! Davlicious Cook Book Pages are made for a 12X12 book and are offered for download in full resolution at 300 dpi. You can collect them and try out the recipes. If you like them, add them to your own for a very personal and pretty cookbook you can print and add to your kitchen collection. A collection of your favorite recipes is also a great gift!

Things to note about my recipes-

I was born in Dearborn, Michigan, so ALL of the recipes I make are American. When an ethnic tag is attached, it means the flavors of that ethnic influenced my spice choices. I don’t claim to write any authentic ethnic dishes. That being said, if it’s tagged “Noni’s Recipe” or “Pop’s Recipe” and also tagged “Italian,” it IS authentic San Marinese!

Recipes that are tagged “vegetarian” are prepared without meat. My vegetarian guidelines are choices my niece, who is a vegetarian, will eat. They are not strict vegan recipes.


My recipes TOU

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Zucchini Pancakes

Credits: Papers - From The East by Lelanie
Download Cook Book Page
password is Davlish

Zucchini pancakes have great flavor and they look like a pancake with the texture of a soufflé. They're a wonderful morning or brunch treat!


Zucchini Pancakes

1 medium zucchini
1/2 cup egg beaters or 1 egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/3 cup flour
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Grate zucchini into a small-medium mixing bowl.

Add the egg beaters (If using an egg, whip the egg in a separate cup first) mix until the zucchini is coated. Add the parmesan cheese and flour and mix until it forms a batter. Grind in fresh black pepper.

Heat griddle sprayed with cooking spray or with a teaspoon of cooking oil.

Spoon batter into the hot griddle in the same wa you would regular pancakes. When the bottom is browned, flip the pancakes to cook the other side. When the pancakes are done, both sides will be browned and the inside moist and airy, like a soufflé.

Serve with butter or sour cream.

Recipe makes four regular sized pancakes.

Originally posted at The Chronicles of Nani August 2008

No comments: