Welcome to Simply Davlicious Recipes!

Here you’ll find not only the entire archive of recipes from Simply Davine, but new recipes from my kitchen and some old family favorites too. Whenever I create a new recipe that’s worthy of sharing or get my hands on an old family favorite that I have permission to go public with, you’ll find it here!

I’ll add or update photos as I get them or get better ones and look for those cook book pages too! When you see a Cook Book Page for the recipe, Click the credit after you read them! The link will take you to the download page! Davlicious Cook Book Pages are made for a 12X12 book and are offered for download in full resolution at 300 dpi. You can collect them and try out the recipes. If you like them, add them to your own for a very personal and pretty cookbook you can print and add to your kitchen collection. A collection of your favorite recipes is also a great gift!

Things to note about my recipes-

I was born in Dearborn, Michigan, so ALL of the recipes I make are American. When an ethnic tag is attached, it means the flavors of that ethnic influenced my spice choices. I don’t claim to write any authentic ethnic dishes. That being said, if it’s tagged “Noni’s Recipe” or “Pop’s Recipe” and also tagged “Italian,” it IS authentic San Marinese!

Recipes that are tagged “vegetarian” are prepared without meat. My vegetarian guidelines are choices my niece, who is a vegetarian, will eat. They are not strict vegan recipes.


My recipes TOU

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rotisserie Chicken

This is not so much a recipe, but a creative kitchen spark!


The best bargain you can get at your grocery store is a rotisserie chicken! Even if the chicken is at full price for 8-10 dollars, it’s still a steal! I got ten meals, five different meals for 2, out of the last chicken I bought!

Meal 1 - Succulent warm breast meat from the chicken.

Meal 2 - Chicken in creamy gravy made with the juice from the container over rice.

This one’s an easy one! Use remaining breast meat with the drippings from the rotisserie chicken container, a little flour, salt and poultry seasoning to taste. I use a whisk while it’s cooking to keep it smooth. Serve over rice!

Meal 3,4 and 5 are after making broth!

Cook Book Page Credits - Papers, "Dotty" by RC Mama Designs
Download Cook Book Page
password is Davlish



Meal three is chicken salad made with white and dark soup meat. The spices and extra cooking from making the soup add extra flavor to the chicken salad made with ranch dressing and shredded cheddar cheese.

Meal 4 - SOUP! Then there’s that Rotisserie Chicken Soup, using about half the stock you made.

Meal 5 - Italian Vegetable Soup


Using the rest of your broth, add about a quarter of a cabbage, chopped and sautéed lightly in a tablespoon of olive oil, and a half cup of soup noodles, like a quadritini and bring to a boil. Once the noodles and cabbage are soft, add a diced zucchini, a handful of green beans. a half can of canelli beans and a cup and a half of tomato juice. Cook until everything is ready to eat!



There are a ton of variations that I use in this soup. You can use a diced potato instead of the beans. Add that when you add the pasta. You can also add some oregano, basil and garlic to Italian it up a bit more. It’s also great served with croutons and parmesan cheese on top!

As my Noni always said, “MANGIA!”

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Being able to use the Rotisserie chicken in so many ways was very useful. I agree. It can be used to make a great chicken divan too.

I tried all your blogs. I picked this one today. Thanks for visiting my blog and come again. I liked your comment very much.