Welcome to Simply Davlicious Recipes!

Here you’ll find not only the entire archive of recipes from Simply Davine, but new recipes from my kitchen and some old family favorites too. Whenever I create a new recipe that’s worthy of sharing or get my hands on an old family favorite that I have permission to go public with, you’ll find it here!

I’ll add or update photos as I get them or get better ones and look for those cook book pages too! When you see a Cook Book Page for the recipe, Click the credit after you read them! The link will take you to the download page! Davlicious Cook Book Pages are made for a 12X12 book and are offered for download in full resolution at 300 dpi. You can collect them and try out the recipes. If you like them, add them to your own for a very personal and pretty cookbook you can print and add to your kitchen collection. A collection of your favorite recipes is also a great gift!

Things to note about my recipes-

I was born in Dearborn, Michigan, so ALL of the recipes I make are American. When an ethnic tag is attached, it means the flavors of that ethnic influenced my spice choices. I don’t claim to write any authentic ethnic dishes. That being said, if it’s tagged “Noni’s Recipe” or “Pop’s Recipe” and also tagged “Italian,” it IS authentic San Marinese!

Recipes that are tagged “vegetarian” are prepared without meat. My vegetarian guidelines are choices my niece, who is a vegetarian, will eat. They are not strict vegan recipes.


My recipes TOU

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mom's Sage Dressing


Mom's Sage Dressing


1 - 10 oz can condensed Cream of Celery soup
1 - 10 oz can of chicken broth
1 1/2 loaves of plain white bread
2 eggs
1/2 stick of butter
2 medium onions, chopped
Fresh sage to taste (we usually use 2 of those boxes of herbs you get sat the grocery store)
Salt, Pepper, Parsley and Garlic Powder to taste

Brown the onions in the butter. Tear the bread into medium sized pieces. Mix the bread, sage and other spices in a large bowl. Add the soup, eggs, broth and onions and knead until thoroughly mixed. Stuff your turkey and cook according to directions on turkey package for a stuffed bird.

Originally posted at Simply Davine November 2002

No comments: